Researcher, Central Asia Programme
Abhijeet joined the Platform for Peace and Humanity in July 2022 and is excited to contribute to the Platform’s upcoming Programmatic work focused on the Central Asian region.
Abhijeet is a fifth-year student of the B.A., LL.B. (Hons.) program at Jindal Global Law School, O.P. Jindal Global University, India. Throughout law school, he has engaged in research, mooting, and strategic clinical work involving public international law controversies. He is also the Editor-in-Chief at the Jindal Forum for International and Economic Laws. He hopes to interrogate the promise of international law in relation to lived experiences in India, which similarly motivated him to support the Platform’s Central Asia program, given that the region remains outside the mainstream discourse of international legal and security issues.
- Human rights, humanitarian law, international criminal law and public international law
- The law on the use of force and the responsibility to protect
- Disinformation and free speech debates in cyberspace
- Statelessness and migration controversies, especially in relation to conflicts
- Critical perspectives in international legal spaces
- Climate change and its connections to security crises
- The interrelations of international and domestic legal systems
- India, and in particular the regions of Assam and Kashmir
- The five Central Asian countries
- The Middle Eastern region
- English (professional fluency)
- Hindi (native)